Sunday, January 10, 2010

Today Is The Day!

This is a new year and today...

I am here...

I have been staring at this space-this space I am calling my own...

for close to a year.

I am surprised that it has taken me so long to start-

to share my thoughts...

my little moments...

to write as me...

not as

Mary the mom...

Mary the wife...

the daughter, the friend...

Mary the Adoption Specialist or Counselor...

but...as

Mary, the person who has moved so far away...

from she started...

Mary, the woman...

who once was the kid, carefree & dreaming,

the woman who exists apart from the world she has created...

in which she lives...

and that she loves...

I start today...

here and now...

in this special space...

to open the spirit that has grown quiet...

put upon the shelf...

until the kids have grown...

until that elusive "some day"...

which I am making today.


No comments:

Post a Comment